Did you know that 75% of the Total Cost of Ownership for a software application over its useful lifespan is spent on enhancements? Enhancements include:
- perfective maintenance – adding new functionality to respond to changing business needs;
- adaptive maintenance – porting to new hardware or a different/new operating systems with no functional changes to keep pace with underlying technology advances;
- corrective maintenance – bug fixes and corrupt data repair due to defects
Research also shows that the average developer spends 50% of their time just scanning through code to understand and determine how or where to fix and change it. This integral part of the enhancement process is virtually an everyday software worker task called impact analysis.
With some simple math, we can calculate the average time spent annually by a software developer on software change impact analysis as follows:
- The average developer spends 75% of their time, or 2000 x .75 = 1500 hours a year working on enhancements.
- A typical software developer spends 50% of that time, or 1500 x .5 = 750 hours a year performing impact analysis.
If the developer does not have the right tools to perform this task efficiently and accurately, that is costing you a whole lot of money.
Find it EZ is a productivity improvement tool designed specifically for change impact analysis. With proven, reported savings of between 40% and 80% of time normally spent on analysis activities, software developers are able to do more, faster and with more accurate results leading to even more savings with better quality code delivered. Calculate just how fast Find it EZ can pay for itself, with ROI in as little as a single software enhancement ( within a week ), it really is that good.
Find it easy to save time and money!